Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I hate when Shawn is right...

















































































i guess shawn was right...i've been getting texts and emails and calls from people with concern. i promise i'm good. i apologize if you are the recipient or victim of hearing all the good AND bad that goes on in my little life:) i think i've discovered that i get post-cali depression. we had such an awesome time in california over christmas. the weather was BEAUTIFUL, with the exception of only a few days of scattered rain. other than that, we took a lovely stroll to the beach every morning with the kids, then returned later to play in the sand, feel the freezing cold ocean on our toes, build sand castles, watch the birds and dodge their droppings, and enjoyed the magical sunsets. aside from the beach, we saw a bunch of movies, in the theaters as well as in the cozy living room. i found a new love for STEAMED MILK with HAZELNUT (thanks to Heather) from the corner coffee shop. we had an awesome time at the zoo. we went on a perfect day with perfect weather. the kids were in heaven. we took a train ride there and thats all they talk about. mochi, of course, was a delight, as well as trudy's homemade lasagna. most of all we loved the company. grandpa trudy and grandma trudy, heather, cole, briON, carlina, and anyone else i may have left out. thanks so much everyone!

of all the holidays, thanksgiving might be my favorite...especially when my mama is cookin'. she is simply amazing when it comes to cooking and hosting and making people very happy. she did it all, for like 50 people. it was better than ever and i hope someday, when i have to make my own thanksgiving dinner, it comes close to hers (fat chance, i have to call her to figure out how to make chicken noodle soup...pathetic). from thanksgiving to christmas, we purchased a home, packed up, moved in (with the grateful help of my hilarious brother, jake, his wife jamie who took all the kids for the day, my paps who was like a running engine that couldn't idle for longer than 10 seconds, rach and b of course...always willing to help out, chad and angie took the kids while i packed, and my mom provided us all with some delicious banana bread during the hustle and bustle), unpacked mostly, packed again for cali with christmas, and made the journey...12 hours straight. it was worth it, of course, but i will admit that i despise that drive! anyhow, i posted a bunch of pics and ill call it a catch up and pat myself on the back. thanks for tuning in:)

2 comments:

Laci said...

We need to talk more Farrah. I think I just discovered that I get post vacation depression too!! Seriously, after Christmas it was soooooo bad. Had no idea what was going on! I think it's more common than we think though......make sense?! So glad you found paint and went to work. I'm sure it's amazing! Post pics when you're done! And those fatheads.....so freakin cute!!!

Crazy Lifferths said...

I was a little worried after your last post, so I am glad to see some updates to take my mind off it :) haha! I love to see pictures of the cutest kids ever! Sad we weren't in CA with you guys, but I know you had fun...it sure sounds like anyway!