Friday, February 01, 2008

OFFICIALLY POTTY TRAINED!







Well, I guess I can call it official, but who knows. I'm sure I have a few more accidents to deal with, but for the most part....DONE...and soooooo relieved. I do have to say that was AWFUL, and I'm not looking forward to ever doing it again (I think I will just hire Laci to do it for me:)!!!!! Really...it was so exhausting and it really was not the most enjoyable thing I've done as a mom. I'd have to say that the only pleasure in this whole experience was on the fourth day when she finally started to catch on and was actually excited about it. I thought I was going to bawl...ok...maybe I did a little. That was hard, and props to all who have kids like mine. What I mean is I called my mom on the fourth day of it all, not to talk about this in particular, and of course this was brought up and she proceeds to tell me that her boys never once had accidents, I taught myself, Rachel did great except for wetting the bed, Becca taught herself, and the other two she can't really remember (must not have been that bad). So, at that point I pretty much wanted to give up thinking it was impossible, when just then, I look over at Rae squatting on the toilet all by herself asking to tell grandma that she is going poo-poo on the big girl potty, AND, sure enough, SHE WAS!!!!!!! I think I scared her with my over...way over the top...excitement! Anyway, in the midst of all the downfalls of this past week, there were a few things that kept me smiling...laughing. Raegan created an audience for herself. It all started with one doll, then two, up to however many are there. She brought each one down, covered each with its own blanket (all the while making sure their feet were completely covered, and for anyone that knows Rae knows what that means:), and even sat one doll on the other doll's lap cause "she was crying." I had to run a quick errand and as I was walking out the door, I turned around to hurry Raegan along and found her kissing each one on the forehead. I really laughed out loud. Anyway, I am so proud of Raegan. She has been such a sport through all of this despite all of her own difficulties, challenges, and discomforts. Gotta love the Chub!

4 comments:

Laci said...

Farrah I am so proud of YOU!!! I am proud of Rae too, but she really had the easy job for the most part ;) I'm sooooooo glad you stuck it out!! You know my stories with training....they are actually one of many things I look forward to. I've never had a problem so I DO NOT know what you've just gone through. That makes it even more impressive. You really deserve a prize!! Now, just make sure you take that potty in the car at all times for the first couple weeks. That's my suggestion for making sure it's a true success. It really saves you! And, last but not least....I wish I could hug and kiss that little chub-o-love. She is so freakin' cute....the end!

shawnandfarrah said...

Thanks Laci. I think next time Ill just come stay at your house for a week and pay you all the money we have to do it for me:) You're great!

Crazy Lifferths said...

Hip Hip Hooray! I am so excited for you and Rae! Shawn told me Evan was sleeping through the night for this past week...THAT IS AWESOME!! I am so glad you stuck it out, and I am not excited for that time in our future. It does give me a little bit of hope to hear that your Mom's boys had no problem because all I hear is that boys are WAY harder...ahhhh. Love ya guys!

Zenica said...

Congrats! I’m right there with you when you say it’s one of the hardest things moms have to do and I too am not looking forward to doing it again this time with a boy. I don’t even know where to start. Oh and yes you probable will have a few accidents when you least expect it. Just try to laugh when it happens. Alex would get so into playing with her friends that she would forget to go to the bathroom and that is when she would have her accidents.

Zen