Thursday, June 21, 2007

To all the mothers I know...







I just have to write a note to all the mothers out there that I know...how do you do it? Really, adding just one more little angel into the mix makes for a crazy busy life! I can't even imagine 6 or 7...like my own mother. I have such an appreciation for my mom and all the moms I know. I know Im sleep deprived and house bound right now and that will all change, but I have to say being a mom is the most rewarding and incredible yet difficult job in the world. Shawn called me yesterday and I was just bawling. I have this daughter named Raegan who has now learned how to be destructive and throw a temper tantrum all at the same time and it seems she does them most when I have my hands tied up with Evan...hmmmm...I wonder why:) Anyhow, I was trying to feed my screaming and starving baby and Raegan decided to throw one of her fits by opening and slamming the shudders on our window. They were just banging off the window and I new any moment the window was going to shatter, so instead of ignoring her fit like I usually do, I got up and grabbed her arm away from the window and told her to sit on time-out. She threw herself on the floor and started screaming all in the meantime, my poor starving child is screaming in my arms looking for his food. I got Rae up off the floor and led her to the stair (her time-out) and as I was walking back to the couch, I gashed my knee so hard on our coffee table, and for those of you who dont know, I thought I was going to look down and see a screw or two oozing out from my surgeries. I finally made it to the couch and had to take a 10 second breather, then I broke down sobbing and at that moment, I knew that wasn't the end and that is why I am here now writing to all the other mothers that are laughing and crying with me right now, cause I know you have all been there, done that and I admire each one of you! I often wonder how my sweet little girl is still alive:) Oh I know how, she makes me crazy...yes...but she makes me laugh so hard, out loud, to myself, all day long. Yesterday, just real quick cause I know this is already a novel, I sat down to read "Dinosaurs" with her...her favorite book...and just randomly I asked her to read it to me just thinking she would ramble. But, to my surprise, SHE HAD THE WHOLE THING MEMORIZED...I was laughing my head off! I had no idea I had read it that many times to her...pretty funny stuff! Anyway, thanks for listening and reading if you made it this far. Evan is growing so much and I thought I would post some new pics, even though they probably all look the same! We are all happy and healthy here, just chuggin along trying to enjoy the sun as much as possible. The one pic of Rae on the steps with all her babies was taken cause she made me sit out in front with her for like 45 minutes to wait for the big truck to come get the garbage. She's obsessed with the garbage man, and she is a serious pack-rat...can't go anywhere without her blanky or babies:)

3 comments:

Laci said...

Yes, I'm crying and laughing with you!! Oh man, some days are just seriously crappy!! I know way too well my dear. Wish I could reach through the computer and take Rae for a week....she is the best! And, the worst for you at some moments I know :) Stay strong, it really will change. Not sure if it gets much "easier", but change is always good!!! You are amazing Farrs!

Laci said...

download Regina Spektor's "Fidelity", and Gwen's "Escape" and listen to them over and over. Music has ALWAYS saved me and they are great, fun, happy songs....I know Rae will shake it! I'm all about music and being "saved" right now!! :)

Lyssa Beth said...

I'm sorry, you probably don't even know me. I was viewing your blog through Maggie Thomas's Blog. I'm Lyssa (terry) zimmerman...Jenny Terry's little sister. I'm due in about hmmm11 days with girl #2. I appreciated your honest feelings on typical days with 2 kids. I'm mostly excited for another girl but other days, i'm scared out of my mind. But I honestly am grateful that you posted that story! I think everyone has gone through that at some point as a mom. But it looks to me like you are doing really well and it helps when you have help from family! But your whole family is adorable! Tell Rachel hi for me!